Hebrew FAQ

Oleg Goldshmidt pub at goldshmidt.org
Mon Mar 23 10:12:29 IST 2009

Aharon Schkolnik <aschkolnik at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi.
>
> I just installed Fedora 10, and I want to set up Hebrew input.
> I was looking for a FAQ or HOWTO, and I assumed www.iglu.org.il  would be a
> good place to look. However, iglu is timing out on me.
>
> Where can I get a FAQ/HOWTO for setting up Hebrew under Fedora 10 ?

I use Fedora 10 and I don't recall anything special I needed to
do. Assuming you included Hebrew support during installation, you just
need to set the country and enable the il keyboard layout.

In KDE/Kickoff go to "System Settings -> Regional and Language" and go
through the sections. In "Keyboard Layout", check the "Enable keyboard
layouts" box, and pick "Israel" from the list. Very intuitive.

GNOME must have something similar.

Hope it helps,

Oleg Goldshmidt | pub at goldshmidt.org