Hebrew FAQ

Aharon Schkolnik aschkolnik at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 08:56:51 IST 2009

On Monday 23 March 2009, Oleg Goldshmidt wrote:
> Aharon Schkolnik <aschkolnik at gmail.com> writes:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I just installed Fedora 10, and I want to set up Hebrew input.
> > I was looking for a FAQ or HOWTO, and I assumed www.iglu.org.il  would be
> > a good place to look. However, iglu is timing out on me.
> >
> > Where can I get a FAQ/HOWTO for setting up Hebrew under Fedora 10 ?
>
> I use Fedora 10 and I don't recall anything special I needed to
> do. Assuming you included Hebrew support during installation, you just
> need to set the country and enable the il keyboard layout.
>
> In KDE/Kickoff go to "System Settings -> Regional and Language" and go
> through the sections. In "Keyboard Layout", check the "Enable keyboard
> layouts" box, and pick "Israel" from the list. Very intuitive.

Actually, I meant to ask  about setting up Hebrew using xorg.conf, but having
received several recommendations, I went ahead and did it with KDE. Went
smoothly and seems to work fine.

Thanks !

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,    |  Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward   |
  is great, and the Master of the house is    |  aschkolnik at gmail.com
  impatient. - Ethics Of The Fathers Ch. 2    |  054 3344135