[Test] Kmail, Firefox, etc scrambling text -without attachment

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Wed May 6 09:44:10 IDT 2009

Aharon Schkolnik wrote:

> So, my message gets through when I remove the attachment.
> Does the list reject messages with attachments ?
> Does it reject messages which are over a certain size ?
> Are there sunspots which are affecting my messages ?
>

> Who knows all the dirty secrets about the list ?
Now now. Calm down and READ YOUR MAIL.

When you send a message to the list that violates the list's policy, you
get a message titled "Your message to Linux-il awaits moderator
approval", with a precise explanation of why your message was not posted
to the list immediately. I have just sent a 100K file as attachment and
confirmed that this message IS received. Instead of spaming the list,
all you had to do was read your inbox to find out why your message was
not coming through.

Here is the message I got for my test message:

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.