[Test] Kmail, Firefox, etc scrambling text -without attachment

Aharon Schkolnik aschkolnik at gmail.com
Wed May 6 10:58:05 IDT 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Aharon Schkolnik wrote:
> > So, my message gets through when I remove the attachment.
> > Does the list reject messages with attachments ?
> > Does it reject messages which are over a certain size ?
> > Are there sunspots which are affecting my messages ?
> >

> > Who knows all the dirty secrets about the list ?
>
> Now now. Calm down and READ YOUR MAIL.

OK, I'm calm  ;-)

> When you send a message to the list that violates the list's policy, you
> get a message titled "Your message to Linux-il awaits moderator
> approval", with a precise explanation of why your message was not
posted
> to the list immediately.

I received no such message - I just checked again to be sure, but no, I
received no such message.

> I have just sent a 100K file as attachment and
> confirmed that this message IS received. Instead of spaming the list,
> all you had to do was read your inbox to find out why your message
was
> not coming through.
>
> Here is the message I got for my test message:
> > Your mail to 'Linux-il' with the subject
> >
> >     Test big message (please delete if it gets through)
> >
> > Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
> >
> > The reason it is being held:
> >
> >     Message body is too big: 138921 bytes with a limit of 40 KB
> >
> > Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> > notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
> > this posting, please visit the following URL:
> >

> > http://mailman.cs.huji.ac.il/mailman/confirm/linux-
il/a185c64fe6a1f0399ec

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,    |  Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward   |
  is great, and the Master of the house is    |  aschkolnik at gmail.com
  impatient. - Ethics Of The Fathers Ch. 2    |  054 3344135