Cross-platform website design

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue May 19 20:13:07 IDT 2009

Hi Dotan!

On Tuesday 19 May 2009 19:26:59 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> A friend and associate needs a website designed. Considering the sad
> state of Israeli websites (IE dependence, encoding issues), I prefer
> to solicit a designer here. Can anyone recommend a web designer to
> make a real cross-platform website?

Well, we're missing a lot of important information:

1. Will the web-site require server-side-scripting of some sort (Perl, PHP,
Python, Ruby, Java, etc.) or will it be entirely or mostly static data?

2. If #1 - does he have any preference for a technology?

3. Will the web-site be in English, Hebrew or both?

4. What should the web-"designer" know how to do: styling (CSS+images, etc.),
server-side scripting, converting pure image layouts to CSS, Flash, etc.

Some people I can recommend who know some of all of this are me (
http://www.shlomifish.org/ ) and other people whom I can give you their
details off-list. But you should tell us more about what the job will entail.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Interview with Ben Collins-Sussman - http://xrl.us/bjn8s

read.