Cross-platform website design

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:57:37 IDT 2009

> Well, we're missing a lot of important information:
>
> 1. Will the web-site require server-side-scripting of some sort (Perl, PHP,
> Python, Ruby, Java, etc.) or will it be entirely or mostly static data?

The site will likely have some scripting, but that would not be the
responsibility of the designer. He just needs the HTML/CSS code with
Lorem Ipsum text, and that text will be replaced with the actual
content.

> 2. If #1 - does he have any preference for a technology?

If I wind up doing the programing, it would be php. However, that is
not the responsibility of the designer, just the HTML / CSS.

> 3. Will the web-site be in English, Hebrew or both?

Both.

> 4. What should the web-"designer" know how to do: styling (CSS+images, etc.),
> server-side scripting, converting pure image layouts to CSS, Flash, etc.

HTML, CSS, Javascript, and images. No Flash, and no server-side coding.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il