Ditching ubuntu

Meir Michanie meirm at riunx.com
Wed May 20 12:52:27 IDT 2009

Hi List,
I decided to move to fedora after using ubuntu for years, under the pressure
to resolve freeze issues in two different boxes on ubuntu 8.04 and ubuntu
9.04.
I wonder if anyone in the list experienced issues of random freezes on
ubuntu since two months ago. The boxes were doing fine and it seems that
after some updates, things started breaking apart.
Bought boxes have nvidia cards. one box has an old TNT2 64mb and the other
one a G9600.
The TNT2 box even friezed while running the livecd, so I should discard any
issue with proprietary drivers. On the other box, most crashes happen when
running some audio stuff.
I had a while guess that may be is related to pulse audio.

Please let me know if you have experienced similar issues.

Thanks,
Meir