Linux SBC recommendations

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Sun May 24 09:36:17 IDT 2009

On May 24, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Guy Corem wrote:

> All the above is irrelevant to my question.
> Indeed there are many (>10) 3g wifi routers in the market. Even
> Cisco has 3g module to one of it's router.

Then why? Is the concept you are trying to prove so different that all
of the others?

> Don't want to waste time on RE Edimax hardware and tailor a BSP for
> it.
> If it's done in the past, and it's open source, I might consider it.

That wasy my point. If it is already set up with Linux, use it, it's
cheap (less than 1/4 of your budget),
easily available (BUG is easy to find here) and will do what you need
to prove. If not, you can do a quick web search for one that fits your
needs pretty easily.

It's also relatively small, runs off a single 5v source (4 AA NimH
batteries) and at most puts out 5 watts of heat.

You could carry it around in your pocket, stick it on top of a tower,
etc. When you burn it out, as POC units always do, you can just use
another one. You have not blown your budget on one of them, or even
worse had to order them from outside of Israel.

Geoff.

--
geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendelson at gmail.com