[TelFOSS] Announcement: "Fring Open Source Apps" on 31-May-2009

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Tue May 26 18:53:28 IDT 2009

Hi all!

The Tel Aviv Open Source Club will host a talk by Alex Nerst and Michal Geva
about "The Open-Source Fring Twitter and Last.fm Mobile Apps" - on Sunday,
31-May-2009.

The meeting will take place at Tel Aviv University, at the Schreiber Maths&CS
building, room 008 on 18:30. So mark your calendars. More information can
be found at:

* http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/

* http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/Tel_Aviv_Meeting_on_31_May_2009

Attendance is free and everyone are welcome.

With any other problems, feel free to contact me:

http://www.shlomifish.org/me/contact-me/

Abstract:
---------

Join this session to learn about the next generation of mobile application
development.

fring, a mobile application and a community with millions of users around the
world, enables developers to build mobile applications using their web
development skills (PHP, .Net, Java, XML etc).

fring includes VoIP, chat and integration with other networks such as: Skype,
Facebook, MSN & Twitter. The fring API provides access to fring’s features and
integration with the handset’s core features Camera, GPS, Security etc.

You build your application on your own web server, by using any web
development technology and communicate with fring via XML.

The demonstration will focus on two mobile apps: Twitter & Last.fm, which were
developed using the fring API and are available as open source.

https://www.fring.com/

We are always looking for presentations on interesting topics. If you have an
interesting idea for a talk, feel free to contact us and we'll co-ordinate a
date.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

Understand what Open Source is - http://xrl.us/bjn82