ISP recomendation found

Justin thelonecabbage at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 10:49:16 IST 2009

I switched yesterday to Comm.net.il from Interal/Eliat Internet after they
switched their hardware to Bezeq.

Comm.net.il is slightly more expensive, about as much as a Bezeq line plus
the gamer package.  But considerably out performs the Bezeq equivalent even
at lower listed speeds.

They do not appear to do any traffic shaping and do not block any ports.

They responded to my installation problems (not their fault; old american
router) immediate, and email responses were answered in less than 5 min.  At
one point they spent over 40min on the phone helping me. Excellent service.

Mickey Israeli, the man who provided me with tech support, was also familiar
(very) with Linux.

VOIP, Torrents and streaming media all perform better on Comm.net.il than on
Interal.