ISP recomendation found

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:52:59 IST 2009

Hi,
Not trying to flame anyone, but Mickey Israeli IS one of the owners of
Comm.net.il (see:
http://www.db.ripe.net/whois?form_type=simple&full_query_string=&searchtext=comm.net.il&do_search=Search),
so comm.net.il is very small and one of the owners (or the owner). I'm not
saying it's a bad thing, but being tiny has some advantages and some
disadvantages, for example: you're paying a very high price for your
connection compared to what other people here on this list pays, but
I definitely understand your reasons.

Good luck,
Hetz

2009/11/3 Justin <thelonecabbage at gmail.com>

> I switched yesterday to Comm.net.il from Interal/Eliat Internet after they
> switched their hardware to Bezeq.
>
> Comm.net.il is slightly more expensive, about as much as a Bezeq line plus
> the gamer package.  But considerably out performs the Bezeq equivalent even
> at lower listed speeds.
>
> They do not appear to do any traffic shaping and do not block any ports.
>
> They responded to my installation problems (not their fault; old american
> router) immediate, and email responses were answered in less than 5 min.
>  At one point they spent over 40min on the phone helping
> me. Excellent service.
>
> Mickey Israeli, the man who provided me with tech support, was alsofamiliar (very) with Linux.
>
> VOIP, Torrents and streaming media all perform better on Comm.net.il than
> on Interal.

Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org