moving from ADSL to HOT

shlomo solomon shlomo.solomon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 18:21:59 IDT 2009

This has been discussed before, but not recently and things do change over
time. So, I'd like to hear opinions.

Is there any technical reason not to make the move? I've been on ADSL since
the beginning of the service. At the moment I have a Bezeq supplied Siemens
SL2-141 Modem/Router/WiFi Access point. That will obviously not work on HOT. I
understand they supply the appropriate modem and I'd connect I'd buy a cheap
router (I don't really need the WiFi, but getting a router would save me from
having to go back to using NAT on my Linux box).

In the distant past, I remember having to play with login scripts, pptp, NAT
and so on to connect the rest of my computers. But since getting the router a
few years ago, everything is automatic. I don't really want to go back to
having to configure everything manually.

--
Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net