recomendation for an Israely registrar and web hosting

Hetz Ben Hamo hetzbh at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 08:59:38 IDT 2010

Hi,
(Disclosure: I work at Hostdime)

Micha, as for registrar, all of them are more or less the same here in
Israel, they all dealing with ISOC and the differences is the price you pay.

As for basic web hosting, it really depends on few parameters:

   - Do you want to host it in a shared hosting? VPS? dedicated server?
   - Does your code/content requires heavy cpu/network/disk usage, if (and
   when) it's being accessed?
   - Does it matters where it is located? (Israel, USA, Europe etc...)
   - Is backup service important to you?
   - Do you require any specific PHP modules/Java (server side) or any other
   external libraries which needs to be installed system wide?
   - How much are you willing to pay?

IMHO you should take these points, think about them, and then look for a
hosting solution.

Thanks,
Hetz

2010/4/25 Micha <michf at post.tau.ac.il>

> I remember some talk here some time ago about problematic registrars and
> options for web hosting. I hope that this is not too off topic and
> flammable, but I was hoping for some recommendations for an Israeli domain
> name registrar (.co.il and .org.il) and basic web hosting (html, possibly
> php, for a basic web site, probably moderate traffic)
>
> Thanks

my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org
Skype: heunique
MSN: hetz-blog at benhamo.org