OT: Bezek via netvision

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 18:24:05 IST 2010

On 17 February 2010 17:39, geoffrey mendelson
<geoffreymendelson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Valery Reznic wrote:
>
>> Hi, list
>>
>> Recently Netvision representative contacted me and offered to use
>> Netvision instead of Bezek as my "phone provider"
>>
>> Do you have any experience with them ?
>

> No, but AFAIK they give you a "box" which connects to your aDSL line or
> cable modem. This means that your phone service works less often than the
> entire combination of your internet connection and your ISP and so on. Good
> if it is cheap, but keep a cell phone for emergencies.
>
> Note that HOT's 077 service is not VoIP, it runs on a different subchannel
> than their internet service and is much more reliable.
>
> 012 and Orange have similar offerings. Orange's deal includes calls to cell
> phones, so it may be better for you.
>
> Geoff.

I was using HOT's 077 number for four years. Fax works and the call
quality was excellent. However, the tech support are idiots and there
were a lot of times when we had no phone service, sometimes days. We
ditched them for Bezeq a year ago. More reliable, better tech support,
negligible price difference. Note that we do not have a television, so
the package deal was only telephone and internet.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.