Assigning keys to Copy (ctrl-x) and Paste (ctrl-v)

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 13:14:51 IDT 2010

I prefer using xkb to define my keyboard mappings (though I still far from
understand it fully). To do what you want in xkb you would lines similar to:

       key <I166> { [XF86Copy ] };
       key <I167> { [XF86Past ] };

to your .xkbmap file that you can then load through:

    xkbcomp ~/.xkbmap :0

Making your programs recognize XF86Copy and XF86Past is another problem that
you still have to deal with.

Good luck!
Dov