Common problems with Ubuntu

Aviram Jenik aviram at jenik.com
Thu Jun 3 23:10:10 IDT 2010

On Thursday 03 June 2010 11:03:28 Elazar Leibovich wrote:
> I really don't understand what you're saying.

What he's saying is that "is windows secure" is not really a relevant
discussion for Linux-IL and has nothing to do with "Common problems with
Ubuntu" which was a vague enough topic to begin with.

> if you could provide me with a couple link to, say,
> major security holes in Windows 7, which enables remote code execution
> (via service, or via visiting a url with IE or via opening an email
> with Outlook) I'll be convinced that things are still not that bright.

You only asked for a couple, so here there are:
http://www.securiteam.com/windowsntfocus/5TP2X0A1PC.html (via IE)
http://www.securiteam.com/windowsntfocus/5KP3C0K17O.html (via service)

More at:
http://www.securiteam.com/windowsntfocus/

> If you'll provide me with links to a security experts which say that
> little are changed since Windows XP, and MS systems are still
> considered insecure,

A lot has changed since Windows XP. Beyond Security is a member of the SDL
program at Microsoft and get to see first hand how serious they are about
security, and they really are serious about it. But this is a very long
discussion and this is not the approprated forum for it IMO.

- Aviram