Common problems with Ubuntu

Elazar Leibovich elazarl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 21:03:28 IDT 2010

I really don't understand what you're saying.
What makes you think all Linux-IL'er would think like you do? Usually
in a technical crowd there are variety of opinions on technical
topics.

Why are the technical merits of the Windows OS are religious matter
not to be discussed? I enjoyed discussing it. I would love to be
convinced, and if you could provide me with a couple link to, say,
major security holes in Windows 7, which enables remote code execution
(via service, or via visiting a url with IE or via opening an email
with Outlook) I'll be convinced that things are still not that bright.
If you'll provide me with links to a security experts which say that
little are changed since Windows XP, and MS systems are still
considered insecure, I might not change my mind, but I'll realize that
things aren't as clear as I think they are now (I'm not currently
aware for such an opinion in the security community).

Why are you so sure you'll never be convinced? Is there nothing that
MS could theoretically do in order to improve? Is securing a complex
software system is an impossible task that cannot be achieved? I
rarely state that I won't be convinced in a technical matter

And even if I won't be convinced, I'll be happy to read the
discussion, since I'll probably learn things I didn't know before. I
really don't understand what's so abysmal about this topic that makes
it a "taboo".

BTW I wonder, who are Linux-IL'ers which are imposed against me. I
think that I'm a fine example of a Linux-IL'er, as a long time open
source user and supporter. But maybe I'm wrong, and there are sets of
believes and a ceremony in order to be entitled as a Linux IL'er ;-)