How to input non-printing characters in mlterm

Avraham Rosenberg for.avraham at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 17:22:02 IDT 2010

Hi,
I need to get rid of a non-printing character in a Hebrew text originating
from a doc file converted with catdoc.
Receiving the output in vi, I can see that the offending character is xa0,
and I can delete it with :g/Ctrl-Vxa0/s///g, but, unlike in the C locale, in
the LANG=he_IL.UTF-8 locale, the same substitution does not work outside vim
(with sed, for example).
How is it possible to do it?

avraham12a_s32:~$ uname -a
Linux debian 2.6.26-2-686 #1 SMP Tue Mar 9 17:35:51 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Thanks, Avraham

--
Please avoid sending to this address Excell or Powerpoint attachments.