Where to learn Linux?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 10:44:38 IST 2010

> Anyway, back on topic...  My company is considering creating a position for a junior sysadmin, and honestly, I'd much rather have a 20-year old with 6 years of playing with "servers" in his basement than a freshly-minted RHCP or whatever.

Well, I've been a desktop user of Fedora and Ubuntu since 2005, but
never got too deep into the workings of the system. So it is that
depth that I'd like to get into now. I'll go break some things and get
back to you!

I don't have  US key at the moment, but fstab and mstab are two places
that I would look for is I wanted to know where the device was
mounted. If I just wanted to know that the device was recognised, I'd
start with lsusb.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://bido.com
http://what-is-what.com

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.