Where to learn Linux?

Meir Michanie meirm at riunx.com
Wed Mar 17 11:34:19 IST 2010

Hi Dotan,
If you want to qualify as a Linux sysadmin, I would suggest you to install a
few virtual boxes, set up a scenario like the following and do it all.
Scenario 1:
John Doe wants to open a startup. He is ready to take you aboard in order to
setup all the systems. To start you will need to setup 2 workstations for
two developers that will be working together in the project. One workstation
for the secretary, one for you and one for the boss and a sales guy that
uses window$.
You need to setup:
Voip system
Mail system with antispam,...
Version control software
a shared drive
a wiki for internal use
a corporate portal
firewall
vpn access to let people work from home.
monitoring sytems to make sure everything is ok.
network printing
print to fax
backup solution
Disaster recovery plan
samba share

Do all of this and some other scenarios. Assist people for free. If you are
built for it, you will have enough experience even do you never got a salary
on the field before.

Sincerely,
Meir Michanie