[OT?] Hebrew on Samsung Galaxy S android phone? Root'ing android?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 15:13:26 IST 2010

2010/9/20 Evyatar Parker <evp55555 at gmail.com>:
> I can't promise anything, but the
> site http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/ looks safe to me (I did not try
> it since I don't have an android of my own yet).
> instructions are here: http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/wiki/Get_Root
> Evyatar Parker

Thanks. The rooting instructions start with this step:
"""
1 Format your phone's SD card to FAT32 mode:
Hook your phone up to your computer using a USB cable and then wait
for the notification to show up in your title bar of your phone. Click
the notification, and then click "Mount". A new removable disk should
show up on your computer. Right click it and select Format, and select
FAT32 as the file system type.
"""

Would Linux users also have to format the card as FAT32, or is that
just because Windows does not recognise whatever filesystem is already
on the card (presumably desktop Linuxes would, as Android is
Linux-based)?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il