Linux has won!

Nadav Har'El nyh at math.technion.ac.il
Sun Apr 3 18:43:54 IDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 03, 2011, Ariel Biener wrote about "Re: Linux has won!":
>  On 04/03/2011 02:33 PM, Nadav Har'El wrote:
>
> Sorry for top posting. I think however that you're wrong.
>
> As a desktop platform, Linux has not won, and that was what

But line of reasoning brings, as I exlained, two questions:

1. There is a trend of the traditional "desktop" being replaced, or just
   eclipsed, by "alternative" devices, such as tablets, smartphones, tvs,
   streamers, networked hard disks, etc. If all of these use Linux but
   traditional "desktops" still don't, in what sense has Windows continued
   to win?

2. If people get used to alternative UIs from all these devices, what will
   they have left as an excuse to choose the expensive Windows and Office
   on their desktop?

--
Nadav Har'El                        |     Sunday, Apr  3 2011, 29 Adar II 5771