some help in technical solution

Oron Peled oron at actcom.co.il
Wed Apr 6 10:40:29 IDT 2011

On Wednesday, 6 בApril 2011 08:11:24 Omer Zak wrote:
> Unless I am mistaken, the USB specs stipulate that it shall be possible
> to connect up to 127 USB devices to a PC.
>
> So what you want to do should be doable.  However I don't know the
> chances of it exposing bugs in the Linux USB subsystem, as it is a rare
> use case.

From the rare use cases department...
  We connected some 20 usb devices to a single PC. Each of these
  devices sends+receive a minimum of 1K usb packets per second
   (it's voice + some control messages)

The Linux USB stack is a joy to work with and is rock solid (there
were some bugs circa 2.6.8 which we never observed since 2.6.12)

my 2c.

--
Oron Peled                                 Voice: +972-4-8228492
oron at actcom.co.il                  http://users.actcom.co.il/~oron