some help in technical solution

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Wed Apr 6 08:11:24 IDT 2011

Unless I am mistaken, the USB specs stipulate that it shall be possible
to connect up to 127 USB devices to a PC.

So what you want to do should be doable.  However I don't know the
chances of it exposing bugs in the Linux USB subsystem, as it is a rare
use case.

However, if you are providing hardware to the competitors anyway, why
not issue them a WiFi enabled device, and then have your server collect
information via TCP/IP (such as by having them surf to a Website which
does the answer collection).

--- Omer

--
Did you shave a yak today?