TA.pm, Wednesday 23/2 How to get involved in an Open Source project

Gabor Szabo szabgab at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 10:50:53 IST 2011

Hi,

at the next Tel Aviv Perl Mongers meeting I am going to give
an introduction on how to get involved in an open source project.

Hopefully This presentation is going to be interesting to anyone who
wants to get involved if if s/he does not want to write code.
I am interested in seeing how web and graphic designers
or people who can write nice text can get involved in the project.
Both in English and in Hebrew.

Part of this presentation is me learning what are the questions
that people who are not developers need to get answered before
they can contribute to a project.

I'll use the example of the web site of "Perl in Israel" http://perl.org.il/ .
I'll show some of the tools needed for this specific project such as using
Subversion, HTML, CSS, and a template system but of course we will also
see some Perl code for those who are interested in that.

The main point I guess is the communication among people and the
social aspect of a project.

We'll see.

Some more ideas about the presentation can be read here:
http://szabgab.com/blog/2011/02/tel-aviv-perl-mongers-getting-started-in-open-source.html

I'd be happy if you forwarded this invitation to your web designer
friends as well

Tel Aviv Perl Mongers: http://telaviv.pm.org/

regards
    Gabor