Advice Needed - Bye Bye Nokia!

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Sun Feb 20 13:12:49 IST 2011

Hello all,

I need you advice, before I make a horrible mistake - so please bear with me
and don't flame.... ;-)

I recently opened a small business and wanted a smartphone with a dedicated
line.

I ended up buying a Nokia E72 (about 2 months ago). It's an OK phone, but it
has a few problems.

Then Nokia made their announcement (as I am sure almost all of you know)
about the future OS, so I got mad and even though I always used Nokia phnes
(since my first Nokia 6120D back in the mid '90s) I am willing to switch...

A friend of mine recommends the Samsung Galaxy S - a very good choice for my
needs: Runs Android 2.2 and works perfectly with Push for mail and calendar
sync (the Nokia isn't so great in that department...)

I now have to find a way to cancel my Nokia E72 purchase and switch to the
Galaxy. I also heard about some kind of a "Big Brother" issue with Android
devices?

Any of you know how to get out of the Nokia purchase? The Galaxy wasn't
available at the time.
Am I making a mistake? Is this a smart move?
Is it really a good phone?

Thanks!

Amichai.