openvpn and multiple host to host like configuration

ik idokan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 12:59:13 IST 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to configure openvpn to be a host to host like configuration.
The reason is simple, because I want to have access to the machine that is
the "server".
The problem is, that I have many "clients" that need to be like that.

How can I have a host to host like approach but with multiple "client" hosts
?

My current "server" side configuration is:
--------------------------
dev tun
ifconfig 172.16.8.1 172.16.8.2
secret /etc/openvpn/static.key
comp-lzo
keepalive 10 60
ping-timer-rem
persist-tun
persist-key
user nobody
group nobody
daemon
----------------------------

And my "client" settings is:
-----------------------------
remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
dev tun
ifconfig 172.16.8.2 172.16.8.1
secret /etc/openvpn/static.key
comp-lzo
keepalive 10 60
ping-timer-rem
persist-tun
persist-key
user nobody
group nobody
daemon

Thanks,
Ido

LINESIP - Opening the source for communication
http://www.linesip.com
http://www.linesip.co.il