Android phones

Shachar Shemesh shachar at shemesh.biz
Fri Feb 25 11:21:44 IST 2011

On 25/02/11 10:48, Diego Iastrubni wrote:

> Wait. The market is not open source? No re-implementation?

There are open source alternatives to Google's Market, but none that
carry the same breadth of applications.

> The interresting question is how much the standard ROMs have hebrew support
> compared to the local ROMs we see in the field.

Not much. A phone you bought abroad shall, generally speaking, carry the
stock Android BiDi support and no more. Once Ice-Cream starts arriving
for phones, this will probably be enough, though.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.