consistent device name

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Wed Jan 5 15:07:32 IST 2011

The relevant subsystem is udev.
Check /etc/udev/rules.d

A rule which I used in a previous Linux installation (Debian Etch based)
for DiskOnKeys:

# SanDisk flash memory device (can find the details
in /proc/scsi/usb-storage)
#BUS=="usb",
SYSFS{manufacturer}=="SanDisk Corporation", SYSFS{product}=="U3
Titanium", SYSFS{serial}=="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", NAME="%k",
SYMLINK="usb/8gflash", MODE="666", GROUP="omer"

--- Omer

--
Everyone needs a hug.

I may be affiliated in any way.