How to monitor a UPS connected via USB

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Wed Jan 5 15:39:25 IST 2011

Hi All,

Due to the last rainy days, I had a few power surges that caused my Ubuntu
10.04 box to reboot.

I went out and bought the first UPS I found that met the price and USB
interface criteria: Silverline Hornet 1000VA (serviced by Benda Magnetic)

I connected it to the PC and since then all is OK - including a few surges
today).

My problem: I can't figure out how to configure and control it...

My EeePc netbook shows a 'Battery' tab in the Gnome Power Manger - being a
netbook, of course. But I can't figure out how to do the same on my desktop.

lsusb lists it as:

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 05b8:0000 Agiler, Inc.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Amichai.