[somewhat OT] simple machine forums software update

is123 at zahav.net.il is123 at zahav.net.il
Tue Jul 5 00:16:51 IDT 2011

On Tue, 05 Jul 2011 00:08:55 +0300
Mordecha Behar <mordecha.behar at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> You should send an email to RMS asking his opinion about it.
> Make sure he replies as president of the FSF so people can argue about his
> views in the future.

No doubt, just as all those respectful and well written emails to Stallman
were so successful, saved us all from pointless arguments, and in the end
got him to give his speech at a local university just as everyone had
hoped.

> Although, a level-headed email to the SMF dev team requesting
> clarification might be a lot more useful, and save us all from pointless
> arguments.

Your idea is so simple, I'm surprised I didn't think of it. Actually, I
found there is no point arguing with people who put out propaganda so I
decided the best way to deal with it is to make people aware of it, so they
can stop using the software. You could even call what I am suggesting a
boycott. It's pretty obvious that the people who added that inflammatory,
false language did it for a reason and it would be silly to think they
would be open to discussion. So I have no intention wasting my time with
them. But, I thought it could be productive to let people on this list
know, since the implication is that everybody who lives in this country is
guilty of occupation, war crimes, etc.

I don't know about you, but I never occupied a foreign terrority (although
I feel like it living here sometimes) and never oppressed anybody. So I
resent the insinuation. If you don't, then good for you.