Fwd: Finally - A RMS talk in Tel-Aviv. Including details

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Sun Jul 17 22:40:24 IDT 2011

On 07/17/2011 08:43 PM, Mordecha Behar wrote:

> [...]

Nobody has challenged his right to free speech. Speech is not the issue.
Personally, I would not be offended if he where to visit each of the
major cities and get up on a soapbox at main intersections to express
his views. What he is trying to do is to inflict his opinions of a
conflict of which he can't know very much, on an entire organization,
and to extract the agreement of that public to the rectitude of his
views -- although they may well have views that are quite different.
That is what makes him a boor, ya'ani, Am haAretz, and offensive.

> Hey, I'm not saying we *should* sue, I'm just saying it's an option.
> And not a good one.
> We will alienate ourselves in the worldwide community of open
> software, and probably burn several bridges which will be very hard to
> rebuild.
> I too resent the whole idea of mixing computer science and politics.
> It makes the whole thing stink like unwashed feet.
> I'm just a little disappointed that the whole saga unraveled like
> this. I had higher opinions of RMS before this.
>
>     Oh, and: GetTheFacts: http://stallmanfacts.com/ .
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     --
>     Tzafrir Cohen         | tzafrir at jabber.org