Richard Stallman answer to me

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Mon Jun 6 03:05:43 IDT 2011

On Monday 06 June 2011 at 02:54:12 (GMT+2) Hetz Ben Hamo
<hetzbh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi People,
>
> I just got this answer from Richard Stallman.
>
> Apparently, he *does* plan to give a talk in Israel, but not in any
> Israeli university.
> I actually find this pretty weird, considering that most of the
> universities in Israel are full of staff from the left-side of the
> political map (TAU for exmaple?)

It's not weird at all. The screwballs who participate in boycotts are
not at all interested in details, but are grabbed by buzzwords, e.g.
"Israel". Since they themselves are students or faculty in universities,
it occurs to them to boycott other universities, never considering that
universities are precisely where they are most likely to find their
soul-mates. It's all completely logical. Compare, for example with the
British situaation, where calls for boycott originate almost exclusively
in the universities and labor unions, i.e., in all the strongholds of
the left. Left = Gauche in French, Sinister in Latin. There is probably
a language somewhere in which Left = Stupid.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on