[OFFTOPIC] Re: Richard Stallman answer to me

Uri Even-Chen uri at speedy.net
Tue Jun 7 09:05:03 IDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 08:13, Omer Zak <w1 at zak.co.il> wrote:

> The issue here is not opposing the Israeli occupation but about the
> academic boycott.
>
> Would you find it to be acceptable for the Palestinians to use ABC
> (atomic/biological/chemical) weapons to fight the Israeli occupation
> "because they are too weak to fight using conventional means"?
> Academic boycott is as illegitimate (even if it does not immediately
> cause people to die).

I can understand why people boycott Israeli universities. The Israeli
universities are strongly related to the Israeli government and are funded
by the Israeli government. They are also related to the Israeli military.
When people want to express their opinions against the Israeli occupation,
one of the ways to do it is boycott Israeli universities. But I understand
that Richard Stallman is not completely boycotting Israel, only
universities. Therefore his views are not extreme against Israel but only
against Israeli occupation. By boycotting the Israeli universities he
expresses his views against the Israeli occupation.

Uri Even-Chen
Mobile Phone: +972-50-9007559
E-mail: uri at speedy.net
Website: http://www.speedy.net/