mail issues questions

Uri Even-Chen uri at speedy.net
Tue Mar 1 14:21:37 IST 2011

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 13:10, Nadav Har'El <nyh at math.technion.ac.il> wrote:
> This, and similar, anecdotes are examples of flawed spam filtering techniques.
> The whole point of spam is that *a lot* of people get it. If just one person
> complains, it most likely *isn't* spam.

Most people don't complain on spam. If some people complain, most
likely that it is spam and nobody wants to receive it. It's very
important to include an easy "unsubscribe" link on the bottom of every
message sent to a mailing list, so people can unsubscribe from the
list. For example, just today I received an unwanted spam message
without "unsubscribe". I had to add another filter to Gmail to
"archive" and "mark as read" messages from this domain (which is not a
forged sender address). It is possible that some people want to get
these messages, but if they don't include an "unsubscribe" link then
it is spam.

Uri Even-Chen
Mobile Phone: +972-50-9007559
E-mail: uri at speedy.net