mail issues questions

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Mar 1 17:15:24 IST 2011

On Tue, 1 Mar 2011, Uri Even-Chen wrote:

> Most people don't complain on spam. If some people complain, most
> likely that it is spam and nobody wants to receive it.

True, but you shouldn't blacklist an entire server's mail on the basis of
one person's complaint without any human intervention.

> It's very important to include an easy "unsubscribe" link on the bottom
> of every message sent to a mailing list, so people can unsubscribe from
> the list.

We did.  I took a look at Roadrunner's policies and we fit them entirely
(i.e. double opt-in plus unsubscribe info in every message).  But if you
make it easier for someone to report spam than to unsubscribe, they'll
take what is easiest and won't even think about the consequences.

Geoff.