Weird Template Problem

Amichai Rotman amichai at iglu.org.il
Wed Mar 9 16:08:06 IST 2011

Hello,

I sent this message to the OpenOffice Users List, but for some reason got no
answer, so I thought I'd try this list...

I have created a template in Writer and saved it to a shared folder so I can
use it both on my desktop PC and my Netbook.

I have added a frame and some text inside of it as the footer. I can use the
template without any problem on my PC, but when I open the same file with
OOO Writer on my Netbook, the frame and text at the footer are misplaced -
lower than it should be.

If I create a document on my Netbook using this template, save it, and then
open it on my desktop - the problem persists. The only way for my to
override it would be to create a document on the Netbook without the
template, then copy the text to the template on the desktop....

I really need this to work on my Netbook, since I have to print document
while I am on the road or at someone's office.

I guess it's related to the page setup, but it seems to be the same.

Is there a way I can export the settings from my desktop's OOO and import
them to my Netbook OOO?

Thanks!

Amichai.