Problem configuring SAMBA for print server ** 2nd try **

Boris shtrasman borissh1983 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 12:34:18 IST 2011

did you remember to run setdriver after adddriver ?
after uploading the drivers into /spooler/drivers (by adddriver or
just cp into the correct subdir).
did you run setdriver command to make sure that there is a connectio
between each driver to a printer ?

here is a step by step guide -
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_as_a_print_server
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/network_administration_guides/samba_reference_guide/29_CUPS-printing_105.html
(ignore the cups name install the printer using your settings)

On 09/03/2011, Israel Shikler <softkol at netvision.net.il> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am configuring SAMBA to be the interface between our Windows users and our
> Print server on Redhat Linux. The print server is not CUPS, but this is
> irrelevant to my problem.
>
> The Windows users authenticate against ADS.
> I have already configured SAMBA to authenticate against the AD server.
>
> When a Windows user browses to \\LNX1 he can see all the printers. However
> when clicking on a printer icon, there is a message that no driver is
> available. When looking at the printer properties, the driver field name is
> empty. Everything is grayed off, and it is impossible to set anything.
>
> I also looked into the print server properties, and again in the drivers
> tab, the driver list is empty, and everything is grayed off, so I cannot add
> a driver.
>
> I guess it's a permissions problem, or something in the SMB.CONF file.
>
> Here is the SMB.CONF file. Would appreciate any advice.
>
> Israel Shikler
> 972-77-5354006
> 050-28885100
> [global]
>
> 	workgroup = DOMAIN
> 	server string = Unispool Print Server
> 	netbios name = LNX1
>
> 	log level = 3
> 	log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
> 	max log size = 50
>
> 	security = ads
> 	passdb backend = tdbsam
> 	realm = DOMAIN.CO.IL
>
> 	password server = nt.domain.co.il
> 	encrypt passwords = yes
>
> 	winbind enum users = no
> 	winbind enum groups = no
> 	winbind use default domain = yes
> 	winbind nested groups = yes
> 	winbind separator = +
> 	idmap uid = 600-20000
> 	idmap gid = 600-20000
> 	template shell = bin/false
>
> 	preferred master = no
>
> # --------------------------- Printing Options -----------------------------
>
> 	load printers = yes
>
> 	printcap name = /printers.txt
> 	printing = sysv
> 	command = /spooler/bin/lp -d%p -oudatatype=raw %s;rm %s
> 	lpq command = /spooler/bin/unismb --show %p
> 	lprm command = /spooler/bin/unismb --delete %p %j
>
> #============================ Share Definitions
> ==============================
>
> [printers]
> 	comment = All Printers