Checkpoint Endpoint Security VPN with linux

Elazar Leibovich elazarl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 23:49:52 IST 2011

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 9:54 PM, Shachar Shemesh <shachar at shemesh.biz>wrote:

>  On another side note, what does it do if I'm having a 192.168.4.* internal
>> network?
>>
> Then you are @!#*%!@#$@!)(!@#&%@#! !@(%!@#()#!@$!@%#.

Wow, I'm not sure I know any adjective that long in English ;-)

VPN is designed to connect disparaged networks as if they are close
> together.

Yeah, but as your probably know, VPN is used in practice to connect to your
workstation from your laptop, and for this use case, you might want to
connect to two VPNs which unfortunately share the same internal network
address. I don't think that makes you an idiot.

And VPN solution could offer NAT, in fact a shallow Google search[1] offers
exactly the same solution.

Is there something I'm missing here?

[1] http://nimlabs.org/~nim/dirtynat.html