flash killer extension for firefox 4

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Tue Mar 29 08:20:51 IST 2011

On Tuesday 29 March 2011 at 08:07:11 (GMT+2) Udi Finkelstein
<udi.finkelstein at gmail.com> wrote:

> Firefox does not upgrade without your permission.

That is true for add-ons. It is not true for Firefox upgrades.

> Check under "Tools/Options/Advanced/Update", and set "Ask me what I
> want to do" instead of "Automatically download and install the
> update".

In Linux versions of Firefox, there is no "Tools/Options"; it is a
Windows convention. The equivalent for Linux is:
Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Update. What is displayed in the Update pane
is:

"Automatically check for updates to
	Addons
	Search engines"

which isn't quite the same thing. There is certainly nothing about
upgrades to the browser being voluntary.

But it's nice to know about Windows browsers too.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on