flash killer extension for firefox 4

Udi Finkelstein Linux-IL at udif.com
Tue Mar 29 11:04:36 IST 2011

[This email has 3 images attached, but all of them are 170K total]

Very strange.

I have here two instances of firefox, both reports themselves as 3.6.11
(slightly edited to remove corporate's machine name)

Machine A:
/home/udif> rpm -q -i firefox
Name        : firefox                      Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 3.6.11                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 2.el4                         Build Date: Mon 04 Oct 2010
10:41:45 PM IST
Install Date: Sat 18 Dec 2010 02:32:43 AM IST      Build Host:
x86-006.build.bos.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Internet         Source RPM:
firefox-3.6.11-2.el4.src.rpm
Size        : 128336553                        License: MPL/LGPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 13 Oct 2010 01:08:02 PM IST, Key ID
219180cddb42a60e
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Summary     : Mozilla Firefox Web browser.
Description :
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards
compliance, performance and portability.
/home/udif> cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 8)
/home/udif> uname -a
Linux XXXXX 2.6.9-89.0.11.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Aug 31 11:00:34 EDT 2009 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

In this machine, I have full control over firefox updates:
https://picasaweb.google.com/udi.finkelstein/Firefox?authkey=Gv1sRgCOPU28jFo8SwrQE#5589423982888761410

On machine B:
udif-lnx:139> rpm -q -i firefox
Name        : firefox                      Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 3.6.11                            Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 2.el5                         Build Date: Mon 04 Oct 2010
11:54:48 PM IST
Install Date: Tue 25 Jan 2011 01:00:46 AM IST      Build Host:
x86-002.build.bos.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Internet         Source RPM:
firefox-3.6.11-2.el5.src.rpm
Size        : 18010943                         License: MPLv1.1 or GPLv2+ or
LGPLv2+
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 13 Oct 2010 01:12:42 PM IST, Key ID
5326810137017186
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Summary     : Mozilla Firefox Web browser.
Description :
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards
compliance, performance and portability.
udif-lnx:140> cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client release 5.5 (Tikanga)
udif-lnx:141> uname -a
Linux udif-lnx 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 21:52:43 EDT 2010 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux

In this machine, Firefox updates are not user controllable:
https://picasaweb.google.com/udi.finkelstein/Firefox?authkey=Gv1sRgCOPU28jFo8SwrQE#5589423985780093682

Looking at about:config in both browsers, I get identical values (copied
from one of them, but hand-checked to make sure both are identical):
https://picasaweb.google.com/udi.finkelstein/Firefox?authkey=Gv1sRgCOPU28jFo8SwrQE#5589423984013145938

Udi