sponsorship?

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Sun May 29 14:28:46 IDT 2011

On May 29, 2011, at 2:15 PM, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> You're contradicting yourself: You're saying hamakor-discussions isn't
> interesting because it's "discussions about FOSS rather than FOSS",
> but now that we have a discussion, which is even less FOSS-specific
> than
> usual, you don't think it doesn't belong in hamakor-discussions?

No,there are always exceptions to the rules, and this is one of them.
For the one in a year discussion about it that made its way here, I'm
not going to join another list.

As for it belonging on another list, I don't really care. It's here,
and until Marc says that it goes, it IMHO stays.

> But seriously, many of us (including me) already posted their opinion
> on this matter in hamakor-discussions, and I for one don't want to
> repeat
> myself on a second list.

Don't.

We can have our own discussion without you, just as the people on the
other lists can have one without me. There can be multiple
discussions, by different (and overlaping) groups of people about the
same topic. Probably even in multiple languages.

Note that hamakor-discussions is in Hebrew, while this list is in
English. That's enough reason IMHO to keep it going and to keep it
separate. Bear in mind that not everyone in or interested in FOSS in
Israel reads or writes Hebrew, and I'm sure RMS doesn't and the
Palestinians who are sponsoring his trip probably do not.

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.