looking for an embedded linux hw.

Baruch Siach baruch at tkos.co.il
Wed Oct 5 10:18:06 IST 2011

Hi Erez,

On Wed, Oct 05, 2011 at 09:53:02AM +0200, Erez D wrote:
> In the sheevaplug (actually i tested the dockstar).
> i got the dockstar for 50USD in israel (used it as an eval board)
> it has a 1GB ethernet, i read reports saying it is able to acheve actual
> around 320Mbps rates as a router.
> i was able to utilize it's serial port at 16Mbps. it is not the 30Mbps i
> wanted, but will do for now.

Wow. I didn't know that these rates are at all possible with a regular serial
port. Did you do any special kernel modifications for this? Or is the BOTHER
thing from include/asm-generic/termbits.h enough to make it just work?

What limitation prevented you from doing 30Mbps, if I may ask?

baruch

--
                                                     ~. .~   Tk Open Systems