looking for an embedded linux hw.

Udi Finkelstein Linux-IL at udif.com
Wed Oct 5 15:49:04 IST 2011

If you want to simply add a high-speed connection, you may be better off
with an FTDI chip attached to the USB connection.
I don't know how fast the FT232RL is, but the FT232H has a parallel
interface that is certainly fast enough to get all the USB2 bandwidth.

http://www.ftdichip.com/FTProducts.htm

For prototyping:

FR232RL chip - $3 including shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/IC-FT232RL-FTDI-SSOP-28-/260810572949?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb9858495

FT232RL based complete module - $10 incl. shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-FT232RL-USB-6Pin-Serial-Port-Download-Cable-/180720938343?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a13cead67

FT232H eval module ($20 not including shipping)
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/2398630-mod-usb-hs-ft232h-eval-um232h.html

Udi