USB Mug Warmer [OT]

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 16:02:13 IDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Dan Shimshoni <danshimsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone have a real experience with  Mug Warmer USB gadget?
> I mean, except for the fun of it, did anybody try to
> heat and drink tea with it ?
>
> It seems to me that it does not get higher temperatures
> than 40-50 Celsssius ? is it good enough?
>
> just for example,
> Satzuma USB Mug Warmer,
>
> http://ksp.co.il/?uin=15311

You run the risk of burning out your USB ports with a device like
that. I have such a device, but I wired it to an old 5 V cell phone
charger. I do not see that it helps very much as the bottom of the mug
is ceramic and therefore insulated. I suppose if you had a mug with a
metal bottom it would be more practical.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com