vim mappings for Hebrew

Daniel Shahaf d.s at daniel.shahaf.name
Wed Feb 15 10:23:15 IST 2012

Nadav Har'El wrote on Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 09:57:18 +0200:
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012, Avraham Rosenberg wrote about "Re: vim mappings for Hebrew":
> > the difference between them...In general, I would like to know where from
> > you got this wealth of information about the editor. Can you recommend some
> > book?
>
> Vim has a very extensive user guide.

Indeed.

As extensive as the built-in docs are, though, they are not a source for
popular external plugins or configuration snippets.  I used to look for
such on the wiki (at wikia) and mailing list archives; presumably there
are third-party resources too these days.

> In the old days, when I actually
> used to compile the free software which I was using (and vim in
> particular exists since 1991, before Linux distributions existed), I
> would print out each program's user guide, and use free time like bus
> rides to read these manuals, cover to cover.
>
> Nowdays, with Linux distributions, it's so easy to just run "vim" and
> not even be aware that it has a user guide. But it still does. You can
> also get reference information from inside vim: if you run vim and type
> ":help hebrew", you'll get an explanation on the hebrew features which

Another useful tip:

:help hebrew<C-D>
(triggers completion)