Fixing problem with new kernel

Steve G. wordz2u at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 05:37:17 IST 2012

1. Ubuntu provides the Nvidia drivers as an optional download. I no longer
remember the details, but there is a place to activate proprietary
components, third party free commercial products (Adobe reader is one, I
think) and also programs that conflict with patented technologies (such as
media players and decoders).

Obviously the driver is installed, but there are issues and some interfaces
do not work well (e.g. Unity freezes, and now the new kernel sticks).

2. Where do I change the runlevel for booting?

3. How do I check if the problem is with the driver? dmesg? any other
places?

Thanks!

--
Sincerely,