OT: Cellular banking

Mord Behar mordbe0 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 08:46:41 IST 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Amos Shapira <amos.shapira at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://xkcd.com/538/
>
> Get over it - this whole discussion is a waste of bits IMHO. Either you
> trust your bank and the controls put in place to make it comply or pay on
> failure, or you don't bank with them. The rest is as relevant as
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_many_angels_can_dance_on_the_head_of_a_pin%3F

Now now, that's not fair.
I am not a crypto-nerd. I know that nobody cares about my secrets. But
people do care about banking information. Because identity theft is a real
thing and people do it for the money.
You're all right on one account:it's a question of trust.
I trust my computers, I trust my network.
I've never had an Android phone before so I don't know whether to trust the
platform or the 3/4G network (since I've never used that either).
So my question really boils down to: do YOU (plural) trust your Android
handset and cellular provider? Which provider do you trust? Which don't you
trust? (We may need to renegotiate cellular plans soon anyway...) What did
you do to your handset to make you trust it more?