OT: Cellular banking

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 11:08:55 IST 2013

On 12/6/2013 11:00 AM, Rabin Yasharzadehe wrote:
> I do not trust the cellular companies ROM's - so I always switch to an
> open source one (like CM)
> There was a time no long ago where each ROM (even iPhone's) came with
> a rootkit to monitor ALL your activities on your phone.

The real question, IMHO Is do they use encryption as in HTTPS or SSL and
how good their (and Android/iOS) implementation of it is.

> As for trusting the cellular providers ... You don't have much a
> choice ... Do you ?.
> algoth I will go with Golan Telecom for now, as their website allows
> you to mange your cellular package.

Golan is basically CellCOM, they send their data over Cellcom's
infrastructure. AFAIK, CellCom links their cells with fiber optic cables
from BEZEQ (everyone, including HOT, except for the IEC does).

Lots of people to trust. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson 4X1GM/N3OWJ