[YBA] High-end DSL modem

Michael Tewner tewner at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 09:18:20 IST 2013

Shavua Tov!

This may not be in the spirit of Linux-IL, but I was able to solve a lot of
DSL annoyances by moving our small office to a Cisco 800-series ADSL+WiFi
(provided as part of their BizNet service). The router performs rock-solid
with uptime measure in years (assuming you never update it...) and routing
works exactly as you'd expect, no-nonsense. If you don't have someone
on-site with Cisco experience, Bezeq will manage it for you as part of the
BizNet service (which also has faster upload-speed options than otherwise
available).
I'm not saying that this is an equivalent solution to DD-WRT (especially as
concerning "Free as in Beer/Speech"), but if you have a client experiencing
networking issues, as one professional to another, this may be a possible
solution.

Please don't throw any open-source tomatoes.
-Mike